01 December 2010

Homemade Deodorant Review: Part 2 (New Formula)

After noticing some coconut oil stains on my shirts, I changed my homemade deodorant recipe. Here it is. Are you ready?

1 part baking soda
1 part cornstarch

Instructions:
Shake together in a jar and store in your bathroom medicine cabinet. Apply with an old makeup brush after your shower. And lean over the sink, because it likes to get everywhere. If necessary, wipe and reapply throughout the day. (This is when staying at home comes in handy.)

This recipe works just as well as the coconut oil recipe. Just remember that neither formula comes close to an antiperspirant. I got a sample antiperspirant a while ago which I use if I'm speaking in public or doing something equally sweat-inducing. So I still haven't broken my promise to you that I wouldn't buy any more.

Best part: without the coconut oil, it's immensely less expensive to make!

Homemade Deodorant Review: Part 1 here.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting idea! When I was a teacher, one of my students had a parent who had cancer and they think it was from his deodorant!! That definitely made me think that I should change something! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete